Weddings at Union Congregational Church

Our church welcomes all couples and offers a beautiful setting to make your wedding day meaningful and memorable.

The first thing to do is to phone the church office to see if the date you wish to reserve is abailable. You will receive information about reserving the date, the availability of the pastor and organist, church policies, costs, etc.

Choosing to be married in a church means that your wedding takes on the sacred nature of its setting.

Our pastor officiates at all weddings held in our sanctuary. If you have a family member or friend who is a member of the clergy, our pastor is happy to discuss inviting a guest to participate in some part of the ceremony.

The pastor will meet with you at least twice, get to know you as a couple, help you plan a ceremony, explain the church’s policy about photography, flowers and decorations. He will lead you through a rehearsal, and officiate at your wedding service.

Our organist plays for all weddings held in our sanctuary. The organist will meet or speak with you at least once prior to the rehearsal, and play at the rehearsal and wedding service. If you wish to have additional instrumental or vocal music as a part of your ceremony, please coordinate this with our organist.

General Information

Our pastor is The Reverend Dr. Bob Marrone. To contact him, please send an email to or cal 603-924-3272.

Our organist is Mary Ann Fleming. To contact her, please send an email to or call her at 603-525-4764.

The parlor, Fellowship Hall, and kitchen may be used for receptions following the service. The church’s hospitality committee can arrange light refreshments, or you may arrange catering on your own.

Occupancy capacity: Sanctuary, approximately 150; Chapel, 35; Parlor, 25; Fellowship Hall, 95.

COVID-19 occupancy capacity: Sanctuary, 50; Chapel, 18; Parlor, 12; Fellowship Hall, 45.

The church is accessible to persons in wheelchairs. First-floor bathrooms are also accessible.

There is a sound system with “Walkman-type” audio enhancement. The service can be recorded.

The service can be broadcast via Facebook Live. We are working on linking our YouTube channel.

If you wish to use the commercial-style kitchen or Fellowship Hall, please ask for additional information.

Union Congregational Church maintains a tobacco-free and alcohol-free campus.


You must have a valid license to marry in the state of New Hampshire. You do not need to be a New Hampshire resident to obtain a marriage license. Licenses are obtained from a town/city clerk. Both parties applying for the license must be present for the license to be issued.

You must provide identification (a driver’s license, passport, or state-issued ID). You must provide proof of dissolution of any previous marriages (a divorce decree or death certificate). There is no blood test required. There is no waiting period and a license is good for 90 days. No witnesses, other than the person officiating, are required.

The officiant is responsible for returning the license to the issuing town/city clerk. You can get copies of your marriage license from the town/city clerk who issued the license. Usually, it takes a few weeks for that paperwork to be available. you will need copies if you are changing your name(s) on titles and legal documents, especially for the Social Security Administration.

Checks for payment must be provided at the rehearsal, and be paid directly to the minister, organist, and sexton. The fees break down this way:


Sexton/Custodial Service
Parlor for reception
Fellowship Hall for reception
Kitchen (full use)

Church Member

No charge
No charge
No charge
No charge
No charge
No charge

$175 for rehearsal and service. (Each additional rehearsal time: $50)